Sunday, November 30, 2008
Pointing to the ducks in Grammy's kitchen. He was obsessed with the ducks. Hurrah for distraction!
The OTHER explosion was not so fantastic. Noah got the stomach flu. The barfy, squirty, poo, stomach flu. I won't go into too much detail, for those with a sensitive gag-reflex, but it was bad. New pants needed bad.
I am sure you parents out there can agree that there is nothing worse than watching your little ones suffer. After 5 days of this I felt like I am going to need some therapy and it was just the stomach flu. No hospitalization required (though we did get him ready for the ER at one point).
Noah eating his "prison" diet of bread and water. Accessorized with nifty head-temp sticker.
From this experience I have learned two things:
1) My in-laws are saints. THANK GOD Noah got sick in a house with a nurse and a doctor. Grammy helped me clean him up and keep him calm and Lolo held him throughout the nights and gave him the best health care a Mommy could ask for. We are so blessed to have such loving grandparents.
2) I also need to be more THANKFUL for my son's general health. He gets a virus and I fall apart. I am so very grateful that he is blessed with good health and is usually very easy to care for. Mommies out there with constantly sick little one's, I have a new found appreciation for your courage and patience.
This Thanksgiving I got a chance to be very thankful. Thankful for my wonderful, caring family. I hope you all had a fantastic turkey day filled with yummy food, family, and happiness.
Off to check out your blogs!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Just wanted to say that I will be Away From Keyboard for a few weeks. No big deal, just celebrating the holiday then the big house move. I will try and take lots of pics so I can share when I get back.
Hope you all have a fantastic Turkey Day!
Friday, November 14, 2008
I have no explanation, however, for the pimp-jacket.
Did I also mention he is a great sport? Love you Monkey!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Ok, I think this post proves I need more sleep. Off to bed soon to dream of ladybugs with mustaches. Can't wait to read what you all wrote tomorrow!
Hello up there Mama!
You sure have been running around a lot the last few days. I just wanted to remind to to relax every once and a while and pay attention to me. See how I am just chillin' here on the carpet? Come on, lay down. I will forgive you that you haven't vacuumed this week, or that I have to wear my pjs because all my clothes are dirty. It's ok. Let's lay down and snuggle. I will even let you give me big kisses and nuzzle my cheeks.
I promise, if you take this moment to sit with me, you will feel better.
Note: This totally worked for Mommy. Thank you little guy. You are very wise!
Monday, November 10, 2008
After hours of searching I can upon the only piece of art I MUST HAVE. I found it in the Uncommon Goods catalog and its handmade by the artist Erin Smith. In case you can't read the text, it says:
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Noah's mommy over at Project Mommyhood has picked me to be a part of her game of TAG.
Here are 7 tidbits about me:
1. I am a sci-fi, fantasy novel junkie. If the book has vampires, witches or werewolves, I am all about it. I am currently reading "Sorcery and the Single Witch." It's super cute.
2. One of my favorite qualities in a person is enthusiasm!!! I love to meet passionate people (even if they are schooling me in which diaper brand to buy *wink*).
3. Whenever I hear someone with an accent, (especially a British accent)I inadvertently start talking like them. Words like "blimey" and "have a go at it" start creeping out of my mouth. This usually ends in at person thinking I am mocking them. I can't control this. There must be a syndrome with this name.
4. I love cleaning, but HATE to cook. Anyone want to trade a toilet scrub for some lasagna?
5. My junior year in college I lived in Madrid, Spain. There they have a scheduled siesta (nap) every day. Why doesn't the US jump on this?
6. A very long time ago I used to play Belle @ Disneyland (pre-wrinkles and baby).
7. If I could eat one thing all day, everyday it would be bean and cheese burritos. The man I share a bed with has something against this idea....
Thanks for reading my TMI. Now go visit these ladies, because they are IT next!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
What has been surprising, is that my son has become a djembe playing maniac. He sees the drum and MUST play. He also appreciates playing them in the buff (ok, well with a diaper on). I think this makes him A LOT like Matthew McConaughey, without all the creepy, shirtless-old-man action.
Here's a pic of him in-between sets.
Monday, November 3, 2008
So if I have the pleasure of seeing Whole Foods Mama again, I am going to whip out my Costco wipes and offer her some. I may even suggest a good bottle of chardonnay for its therapeutic relaxing qualities- organic, of course!
Sunday, November 2, 2008
After peeling my eyes open to baby cries at 5am (what Noah, you don't understand the time change? neither does Mommy....) I stumbled into my office to see the great news.
I have to give a shout out to all the lovely bloggers I have met so far through SITS, what a wonderful support network you have become. To the newcomers, thanks for stopping by, I can't wait to visit you all soon!