Noah James learned so many things in his first year. How to sit up, then crawl and now how to walk! How to say a handful of words and to sign a few too. Mommy also learned a few things this year. Here is a list, lest in a moment of weakness (oh the dreaded baby fever!) I forget and start wanting to try for #2 too soon. This year Mommy learned how to:
- Read all four novels of the Twilight series while breastfeeding
- Prepare dinner with right arm, dangling baby on left hip (avoiding stove)
- Shovel in my own meals in under 3 minutes
- Drive with one hand while finding dropped toy in backseat with other
- Survive on 4-5 hours of sleep
- Shower in about 60 seconds while watching monitor and listening for baby crying
- Interpret the "I am hungry" cry from the "I am just pissed off" cry
- Hold the bathroom drawer closed with left foot, brush teeth with right hand, hold Noah's hand with left pink finger (that was last night)
- How to get to all Babies R 'Us within a 50 mile radius.
- That the term "mother bear" doesn't even come close.
Somewhere on the list should also be that despite the sarcasm, I learned that I love being a mama . There is nothing like having a little person love you so unconditionally that you just want to stay in that glider chair, cuddled together with a blankie, holding them tight forever.
It was a year of love, indeed.