Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Small Slice of Sanity

I am about to do a 180 on you, but this is my blog and I am allowed to do stuff like that. Plus, it has been a week, and a girl has a right to change her mind, right?

Ok, so remember when I said I was having baby fever and dreaming of pink? Well, it took traveling solo on a flight with a screaming toddler to pop the crap out of that silly bubble. Nonetheless, the irony of thinking (aka being freaked out) that I might be pregnant with #2 while flying 30,000 feet up trapped with #1, who had done a #2, (sorry it had to be said) was not lost on this mama.

25 dollars in pregnancy tests and a late period later, I find I am (phew) not pregnant. I celebrated flo's usually irritated arrival with 2 cups of coffee in the morning, a goat cheese sandwich for lunch, and a glass of chardonnay with dinner. Nothing like a pregnancy scare to make you eat up all the goodies you began to think you might not see for a while.


The other fantastic slice of sanity I have found is in the fact that I have finally found Noah a nanny. 2 interviews and a trial watching date over, I feel confident in leaving Noah alone for at least a couple hours a week for some mommy R&R. Noah on the other hand, has grown quite accustomed to my presence and cries each time I leave the room. I just take a deep breath and drive away quickly. Ha ha.


So I am gobbling my free time up like a carb-starved Atkin's dieter. Today I used a coupon I found in the paper and got myself a manny/peddy. Just glancing at my toes makes me feel giddy. Not sure what I am going to do next week on my free morning. Maybe I will got to Target sans toddler. Sounds like heaven, huh?

I guess I must just need a little more me time before the 3am feedings and the newborn narcolepsy sets in again. Until then, I will enjoy my free time (when I can get it) and love the hell out of everyone else's babies. I sure know some cute ones. :P

18 comments:

Summer said...

I am so jealous. So jealous. First you have my dream house, and then a nanny?!? How can our friendship survive this intense envy?

Ugh.

;-)

Call Me Cate said...

Wait, you can't have goat cheese when you're pregnant? That may just be a deal-breaker for me. I was hovering on the edge but seriously. No wine is bad enough but you can't ALSO take away my goat cheese.

DiPaola Momma said...

I'm doing a sort of "nanny" thing for the DH's partner and his wife's 2 month old. At first I was like, 5 is a good number maybe I want annother one..It took all of one time getting spit up, dealing with a screaming infant, 2 toddlers, a tweenager and a teenager to make me swallow a HONKIN' SLICE OF SANITY with Chardonay on the side.. NO FREAKIN' WAY thank you very much. Enjoy the freedom babe, have some for me! Four kids, what was I thinking?!

Jen said...

there is noting like the relief of your period after a pregnancy scare. Whew!

Allison said...

We're still debating about a third and I am often changing my mind in instances like that.

Have a great weekend of indulgence :)

Candice said...

Nothing like a screaming kid in a close, confined space to totally get you to change your mind. I typically dislike everyone elses screaming kids, so I'm not sure if that would sway me or not.

I LOVE pink!!!!!!!!

Rachel said...

Lol Summer. I am jealous that you have such a fabulous blog! And the "date night" was inspired by you!

I only get the nanny once a week for myself for 3 hours. I figure, with no family here to help with Noah, and not wanting to dump Noah on Brian all the time, I will pay the $30 bucks a week to have a little "me" time.

Hope we see you guys soon!

tiarastantrums said...

YOU are too funny!

I CAN NOT wait to have another baby - I can't even begin to tell you how much money I have spent on ovulation kits and pregnancy tests - it's mind boggling!!!!!!

Yeah for the nanny - and the treat of a mani and a pedi! I love crisp toes!!

ps - your hubs must be skinny to fit into his boxers?? my hubs - size double XL!!!! ha ha ha ha

jenn said...

Target without a toddler... is it possible? That would be heaven!

This whole post made me laugh. Leave it to a moody toddler to remind you that cramps can be a good thing.

Amy McMean said...

Welcome back.....and hum....uhm... ah...congrats getting a visit from flo. lol.

They should make a card for that.

Megan said...

LOL Well sounds like it's a good thing that AF made an appearance. Enjoy all your favorite treats! =)

Ash said...

I never thought I would ever reach a point in my life where a negative pregnancy test would be a good thing.

The Youngest just turned 3, I can count on 6 straight hours a night, and teething is officially done.

Aunt Flo can be a very, very good thing. Cheers!

Jodi said...

I'm so glad you're getting you time. I'm jealous but glad! LOL!
Also - glad you enjoyed goat cheese and wine too!

Lump said...

I wish I had my own nanny. ;) and a goat cheese sandwich sounds damn good right about now.

Bar-b said...

I am telling you. You are my doppelganger.

Target without Noah will be the most fun you have had in a while. Of course be careful of the crack that is dropped from the vents, you'll have to wear a mask.

Don't worry about this snag. You'll be on the need-a-new-baby-cause-Noah-is-getting-so-big-and independent roller coaster once again. Then you'll get knocked up and officially be stamped with the "all you can ride" bracelet.

Enjoy your single kid life :)

Claremont First Ward said...

How exciting about the new nanny and that free time it allows you! I used to always buy pregnany tests at the 99cent store. ;)

Ali said...

Come over to my house anytime between 10:30pm and 4am for a little dose of reality - I put my left overs for chicken salad wraps away in the cupboard last night - not a great way to keep it cold!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Ha! Indulging in soft cheeses and wine! Too funny!