Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Small Slice of Sanity

I am about to do a 180 on you, but this is my blog and I am allowed to do stuff like that. Plus, it has been a week, and a girl has a right to change her mind, right?

Ok, so remember when I said I was having baby fever and dreaming of pink? Well, it took traveling solo on a flight with a screaming toddler to pop the crap out of that silly bubble. Nonetheless, the irony of thinking (aka being freaked out) that I might be pregnant with #2 while flying 30,000 feet up trapped with #1, who had done a #2, (sorry it had to be said) was not lost on this mama.

25 dollars in pregnancy tests and a late period later, I find I am (phew) not pregnant. I celebrated flo's usually irritated arrival with 2 cups of coffee in the morning, a goat cheese sandwich for lunch, and a glass of chardonnay with dinner. Nothing like a pregnancy scare to make you eat up all the goodies you began to think you might not see for a while.


The other fantastic slice of sanity I have found is in the fact that I have finally found Noah a nanny. 2 interviews and a trial watching date over, I feel confident in leaving Noah alone for at least a couple hours a week for some mommy R&R. Noah on the other hand, has grown quite accustomed to my presence and cries each time I leave the room. I just take a deep breath and drive away quickly. Ha ha.


So I am gobbling my free time up like a carb-starved Atkin's dieter. Today I used a coupon I found in the paper and got myself a manny/peddy. Just glancing at my toes makes me feel giddy. Not sure what I am going to do next week on my free morning. Maybe I will got to Target sans toddler. Sounds like heaven, huh?

I guess I must just need a little more me time before the 3am feedings and the newborn narcolepsy sets in again. Until then, I will enjoy my free time (when I can get it) and love the hell out of everyone else's babies. I sure know some cute ones. :P

19 comments:

Summer said...

I am so jealous. So jealous. First you have my dream house, and then a nanny?!? How can our friendship survive this intense envy?

Ugh.

;-)

Call Me Cate said...

Wait, you can't have goat cheese when you're pregnant? That may just be a deal-breaker for me. I was hovering on the edge but seriously. No wine is bad enough but you can't ALSO take away my goat cheese.

DiPaola Momma said...

I'm doing a sort of "nanny" thing for the DH's partner and his wife's 2 month old. At first I was like, 5 is a good number maybe I want annother one..It took all of one time getting spit up, dealing with a screaming infant, 2 toddlers, a tweenager and a teenager to make me swallow a HONKIN' SLICE OF SANITY with Chardonay on the side.. NO FREAKIN' WAY thank you very much. Enjoy the freedom babe, have some for me! Four kids, what was I thinking?!

Jen said...

there is noting like the relief of your period after a pregnancy scare. Whew!

Allison said...

We're still debating about a third and I am often changing my mind in instances like that.

Have a great weekend of indulgence :)

Candice said...

Nothing like a screaming kid in a close, confined space to totally get you to change your mind. I typically dislike everyone elses screaming kids, so I'm not sure if that would sway me or not.

I LOVE pink!!!!!!!!

Rachel said...

Lol Summer. I am jealous that you have such a fabulous blog! And the "date night" was inspired by you!

I only get the nanny once a week for myself for 3 hours. I figure, with no family here to help with Noah, and not wanting to dump Noah on Brian all the time, I will pay the $30 bucks a week to have a little "me" time.

Hope we see you guys soon!

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

YOU are too funny!

I CAN NOT wait to have another baby - I can't even begin to tell you how much money I have spent on ovulation kits and pregnancy tests - it's mind boggling!!!!!!

Yeah for the nanny - and the treat of a mani and a pedi! I love crisp toes!!

ps - your hubs must be skinny to fit into his boxers?? my hubs - size double XL!!!! ha ha ha ha

jenn said...

Target without a toddler... is it possible? That would be heaven!

This whole post made me laugh. Leave it to a moody toddler to remind you that cramps can be a good thing.

Amy McMean a.k.a McSunshine said...

Welcome back.....and hum....uhm... ah...congrats getting a visit from flo. lol.

They should make a card for that.

Megan said...

LOL Well sounds like it's a good thing that AF made an appearance. Enjoy all your favorite treats! =)

Eudae-Mamia said...

I never thought I would ever reach a point in my life where a negative pregnancy test would be a good thing.

The Youngest just turned 3, I can count on 6 straight hours a night, and teething is officially done.

Aunt Flo can be a very, very good thing. Cheers!

Jodi said...

I'm so glad you're getting you time. I'm jealous but glad! LOL!
Also - glad you enjoyed goat cheese and wine too!

Lump said...

I wish I had my own nanny. ;) and a goat cheese sandwich sounds damn good right about now.

Bar-b said...

I am telling you. You are my doppelganger.

Target without Noah will be the most fun you have had in a while. Of course be careful of the crack that is dropped from the vents, you'll have to wear a mask.

Don't worry about this snag. You'll be on the need-a-new-baby-cause-Noah-is-getting-so-big-and independent roller coaster once again. Then you'll get knocked up and officially be stamped with the "all you can ride" bracelet.

Enjoy your single kid life :)

angie said...

How exciting about the new nanny and that free time it allows you! I used to always buy pregnany tests at the 99cent store. ;)

Ali said...

Come over to my house anytime between 10:30pm and 4am for a little dose of reality - I put my left overs for chicken salad wraps away in the cupboard last night - not a great way to keep it cold!

Yaya said...

Oh my gosh! Ha! Indulging in soft cheeses and wine! Too funny!

Blogger said...

New Diet Taps into Innovative Plan to Help Dieters Lose 23 Pounds in Only 21 Days!